Call to Worship
Welcome. Open your Bibles and read Psalm 57:1-6.
Spend some time in prayer entrusting yourself to God as your refuge and asking for him to be glorified in your life and over all the earth.
Song – Holy, Holy, Holy
Play the following song, and sing along!
Interview and Bible Reading
Kids Song – Jesus is the King
Parents print off the following documents to use with your kids.
New Testament Bible Reading
Open your Bible and read Matthew 17:1-13.
Sermon – ‘Jesus and his Glory’ (Outline Below)
The Divine Glory of Jesus…
- Revealed to Peter, James and John
- Revealed by God the father
- Revealed by Moses and Elijah
- Revealed by John the Baptist
Questions for discussion:
- What hobbies, activities, and people do you spend most of your time with? How do these things affect your thinking and behaviour? Do you find yourself imitating others?
- If we become like what we behold, then what does it look like to behold Christ today while he is not physically present?
- How does this passage speak of Christ’s superiority over Moses and Elijah?
- Read Colossians 3: 5-17. Idolatry seeks to displace the divine glory of God. How does being transformed in the likeness of Christ help us to fight the sin of idolatry?
Song – All Glory be to Christ
Finish your time together by reading Psalm 57:7-11