God Created Seasons
Key Bible Passages
Arrive, sit on the mat, mark the roll
The Hello Song, God’s In Charge of the Weather (both in Kidschurch CD)
- Introduce the book of Ecclesiastes: Written by King Solomon, David’s son. Talks about life and wisdom (i.e. how to live life well)
- Draw 4 boxes on the board and label with the seasons. Ask the kids what they like / don’t like about each time of year, or what is distinctive about each season.
- Chat about whether seasons are good or bad.
- Read A selection of Eccl. 3:1. Explain any tricky words or ideas.
- Emphasise that God has a plan for everything that happens.
- Emphasise that in God’s wisdom, He’s made seasons part of the created order (Genesis 1:14)
- Praise God that He’s in charge of everything!
- Ask God to help us to listen to him and do what pleases Him
As a collage, stick on some wintery leaves and plants to a piece of paper as a winter scene. Print “God’s in charge of the weather” underneath.
What’s the time Mr Wolf (ties in with timeliness)