(Blue writing indicates sermon Mp3 available by clicking title)
Jan 27 ”Advance Australia Where?” (Proverbs 14:34) Sandy McMillan
Click below to hear the Christmas Day message from Sandy McMillan
Back in 1995, Joan Osbourne asked in song “What if God was one of us?”. “If God had a name what would it be? And would you call it to his face?” she sang. In the months leading up to Christmas we have been looking at John’s gospel, which makes clear the amazing truth that God was indeed one of us. His name is Jesus. And he came so that we could have a relationship with God.
[Click on sermons to listen to Mp3 recordings]
- October 14 ”The Word Became Flesh” (John 1:1-18)
- October 21 ”We have found the Messiah” (John 1:19-51)
- October 28 ”He thus revealed His glory” (John 2)
- November 4 ”You must be born again (John 3)
- November 11 ”He would have given you living water” (John 4)
- November 18 ”The Son gives life” (John 5)
- November 25 ”I am the Bread of life” (John 6)
- December 2 ”No-one ever spoke the way this man does” (John 7)
- December 9 ”If the son sets you free…” (John 8 )
- December 16 ”I am the Light of the world” (John 9)
- December 23 ”I am the Good Shepherd” (John 10)
Sometimes this world doesn’t make a lot of sense. It is hard to really grab hold of, to peg down. It’s transient and fleeting and sometimes seems to just go round in endless circles. How do we make sense of it? How do we find joy?
The enigmatic book of Ecclesiastes has a somewhat surprising answer – by accepting life ‘under the sun’ as a gift of God. By recognising God’s goodness in the everyday. By embracing the life he has given us.
We are going to consider ‘Life as given’ over the next couple of months as we delve into Ecclesiastes. And it won’t be as gloomy as you may assume from your previous readings of this book. My hope is that this will be a refreshing look that brings refreshment.
29th July Why the rat race gets you nowhere (Ecclesiastes 1-2)
5th August Why time is fleeting (Ecclesiastes 3)
12th August Why money is worthless (Ecclesiastes 5-6)
19th August Why funerals are better than weddings (Ecclesiastes 7)
26th August Why injustice shouldn’t ruin joy (Ecclesiastes 4&8)
2nd September Why wisdom works (Ecclesiastes 9-10)
9th September Why we should live life to the full (Ecclesiastes 11)
16th September Why life matters (Ecclesiastes 12)